Friday, September 26, 2014

Preview Dorama Season Summer 2014


Again
Again!

Summary: After his graduation ceremony from High School, Imamura Kinichiro (Fujii Ryusei), who didn't really make any nice memories or even friends during his high school time, gets thrown back in time to the beginning of his high school live. He then meets head cheerleader Usami Yoshiko (Hayami Akari) and starts his second chance. (Script by Takayama Naoya; original work by Kubo Mitsuro)

Station: TBS (Website)
Start: July 23, 2014; Wednesdays 1:11 a.m.
Cast: Fujii Ryusei, Hayami Akari
Wanna try
Why I wanna watch this:
This dorama is a manga-adaption which can mean anything from it can be awesome to it can be horrible (especially when it comes to hair style). I'll take a look at it since I liked Fujii Ryusei in Miss Pilot a lot and I'm curious how Hayami Akari (who was part of Momoiro Clover btw) developed but tbh, I don't have any high expectations onto this dorama. Maybe it will surprise me.


Aoi Honoo
Aoi Honoo

Summary: Osaka in the 1980s. Honoo Moyuru (Yagira Yuya), first-year art college student is passionate in his plan to become a manga artist but has misplaced confidence in his own ability. Nevertheless, he decides to hand in his manuscript to Tokyo publishers. Will he acchieve his path? (Script by Fukuda Yuichi; original work by Shimamoto Kazuhiko)

Station: TV Tokyo (Website)
Start: July 18, 2014; Saturdays, 12:12 a.m.
Cast: Yagira Yuya, Yasuda Ken, Muro Tsuyoshi, Nakamura Tomoya, Yamamoto Mizuki, Kuroshima Yuina, Urai Kenji, Sato Jiro, Omizu Yosuke, Adachi Osamu, Kawakubo Takuji, Endo Kaname, Uechi Haruna, Kitaro, Hamada Gaku, Kojima Haruna
Wanna try
Why I wanna watch this:
Manga-adaption, could be interesting. Since I'm a manga-fan and always interested in stories about creative processes I want to try this, even if the first preview pictures didn't look thaaat interesting in my opinion. But let's wait and see. ^^


Asunaro San San Nana Byoushi
Asunaro San San Nana Byoushi

Summary: Instead of getting laid off, middle-aged salaryman Fujimaki Daisuke (Yanagiba Toshiro) from a trading company, gets transfered temporarily to Asunaro University's cheering quad. The team is on the verge of being dissolved so the old boys gather to save it. (Script by Yoshida Noriko, Fujiki Mitsuhiko; original work by Shigematsu Kiyoshi)

Station: Fuji TV (Website)
Start: July 15, 2014; Tuesdays, 9.00 p.m.
Cast: Yanagiba Toshiro, Goriki Ayame, Kazama Shunsuke, Takahata Mitsuki, Ouchida Yuhei, Iitoyo Marie, Kikuchi Momoko, Nishida Toshiyuki (guest star), Moriguchi Yoko, Honkon, Sorimachi Takashi
Not interested
Why I don't wanna watch this:
Hm... this sounds not really that interesting in my ears and the promotion material so far is pretty strange. The cast is not really that interesting for me (expect of Kazama Shunsuke maybe) so if I don't hear anything really good about this dorama, I guess I'll skip this one.


Dousousei ~ Hito wa, Sando, Koi o Suru
Dousousei ~ Hito wa, Sando, Koi o Suru 

Summary: 25 years ago at the age of 15, Yanagi Kenta (Iura Arata), Kamakura Akehi (Inamori Izumi), Hirono Kaoruko (Itaya Yuka) and Sakurai Ryosuke (Matsuoka Masahiro) met for the first time. Now they meet again and are immediately interested in each other. Kenta has feelings for Akehi, who has trouble with her violent husband and Ryosuke and Kaoruko fall for each other. Nevertheless, love is never easy, not even if you're already an adult. (Script by Tabuchi Kumiko; original work by Saimon Fumi)

Station: TBS (Website)
Start: July 10, 2014; Thursdays, 9:00 p.m.
Cast: Iura Arata, Inamori Izumi, Itaya Yuka, Matsuoka Masahiro, Ichikawa Miwako, Takachi Noboru, Okamoto Rei, Totsugi Shigeyuki, Miura Rieko, Ichige Yoshie, MATSU, Emoto Akira (guest star), Ebihara Yuri
Wanna try
Why I wanna watch this:
There are not that many doramas that feature adult people and focus on love. Rather than in high school love, I'm more interested in how love between adults gets portrayed in doramas, so I want to take a look at this to see how it works. I don't expect an overly romantic dorama but a realistic one. Let's see if my expectations will become true.


GTO 2
GTO Season 2 (Remake)

Summary: Second season of the GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka) remake of 2012, starring AKIRA as Onizuka Eikichi. The inconventional teacher gets transferred to his old school Tsujido High in Shonan, were he does not only have to deal again with a variety of problems of his students but also meets people from his own past. (Script by Yamaoka Junpei; original work by Fujisawa Toru)

Station: Fuji TV (Website)
Start: July 8, 2014; Tuesdays 10:00 p.m.
Cast: AKIRA, Higa Manami, Yamamoto Yusuke, Ono Takehiko, Kazami Shingo, Maruyama Tomomi, Mabuchi Erika, Anami Atsuko, Fujisawa Ayano, Tayama Ryosei, Shirota Yu, Kuroki Hitomi, Matsuoka Mayu, Kikuchi Fuma, Miyoshi Ayaka, Ryusei Ryo, Koshiba Fuka, Katayose Ryota, Sano Reo, Kizaki Yuria, Matsuura Miyabi, Matsui Airi
Maybe
Why I wanna watch this:
A „maybe“ since I didn't finish the first season of this remake yet (due to a lack of time). I think the first remake of this serie was nice (just for your information, I didn't watch the original series yet) so once I finished season one I guess I'll take a look at the second season too but you know time can be a bitch so maybe it will take a while until I'll have time to catch up with this.


Henshin
Henshin

Summary: Naruse Junichi (Kamiki Ryunosuke) works at a factory but dreams about being an artist. He's happy with his girlfriend Megumi (ikaido Fumi) but when he wants to buy an engagement ring for her on Christmas Eve, he gets involced in a robbery incident at the jewellery store. He suffers from a serious head injury but is able to survive due to the world'sfirst living brain transplant operation by an unknown donate. When he gets discharged from hospital, his life changes. He develops a sensitive hearing and violent behavior and his feelings for Megumi seem to change as well while Megumi wants her „old boyfriend“ back. Does this have to do with the brain transplantation? (Script by Yoshida Noriko, Tanabe Mitsuru; original work by Higashino Keigo)

Station: (Website)
Start: July 27, 2014; Sundays, 10:00 p.m.
Cast: Kamiki Ryunosuke, Nikado Fumi, Usuda Asami, Watabe Gota, Totsugi Shigeyuki, Makita Sports, Nakao Akiyoshi, Tonesaku Toshihide, Honda Tsubasa, Matsushige Yutaka, Murakami Jun, Ibu Masato
Must watch
Why I wanna watch this:
Higashino Keigo is always a name that makes me curious since I experienced that doramas and movies based on his work mostly fit my taste quite well! More than that, this sounds really interesting and thrilling and with Kamiki Ryunosuke there is an actor listed who caught my interest at the latest since his awesome performance in Kazoku Game last year. I'm really looking forward to this dorama, even if it seems to become a pretty short one again (6 episodes maybe?) or am I informed incorrectly?


Hero 2014
Hero 2014 (or Hero 2)

Summary: Prosecutor (and former juvenile deliquent) Kiryuu Kohei (Kimura Takuya) returns to the Josai branch of the Tokyo Public Prosecutors Office and gets a new, beautiful but coarse assistant, Asagi Chika (Kitagawa Keiko). (Script by Fukuda Yasushi)

Station: Fuji TV (Website)
Start: July 14th, Mondays, 9.00 p.m.
Cast: Kimura Takuya, Kitagawa Keiko, Sugimoto Tetta, Hamada Gaku, Masana Bokuzo, Yoshida Yo, Tanaka Yoji, Katsuya, Matsushige Yutaka, Yashima Norito, Kohinata Fumiyo, Kadono Takuzo
Wanna try
Why I wanna watch this:
This seems to be the sequel of the 2001 dorama „Hero“, also starring Kimura Takuya as the main character, even if it also gets handled as a "remake" somehow. I didn't watch the dorama from 2001 but this sounds as if you could chime in with the sequel since there are 13(!) years between the first and second series. More than that, Kimura Tayuka and Kitagawa Keiko, who can say no to this cast? I'll be honest, I can't, so I want to take a look :3


Hirugao ~ Heijitsu Gogo 3-ji no Koibitotachi
Hirugao ~ Heijitsu Gogo 3-ji no Koibitotachi 

Summary: Sasamoto Sawa (Ueto Aya) is housewife and works part-time as a supermarket cashier. When she one day pickpockets a lipstick unconsciously, she gets caught by Takigawa Rikako (Kichise Michiko). In exchange to not tell her bosses about the pickpocketing, Rikako wants Sawa to help her set up an alibi for her affair. In the further progress, Sawa gets to know high school teacher Kitano Yuichiro (Saito Takumi), and falls in love with him... (Script by Inoue Yumiko)

Station: Fuji TV (Website)
Start: July 17, 2014, Thursdays, 10:00 p.m.
Cast: Ueto Aya, Kichise Michiko, Saito Takumi, Ito Ayumi, Kinami Haruka, Kinoshita Houka, Fuchikami Yasushi, Suzuki Kosuke, Takahata Atsuko, Kitamura Kazuki
Wanna try
Why I wanna watch this:
Hm... this could be interesting, if it's well done, I'll definitely check this one out. I like Ueto Aya and I think she really fits in those kind of roles since I expect her to be a more or less depressed character on her way to find herself out of a life that she doesn't want to lead. Maybe I'm interpreting too much into the previews but yeah, we'll see!


Juui-san, Jiken desuyo
Juui-san, Jiken desuyo 

Summary: This dorama deals with Shiba Kentaro (Jinnai Takanori), a compassionate vet in an old Tokyo neighbourhood who doesn't only tret pets but also helps their owners with their problems. (Script by Tanabe Mitsuru)

Station: NTV (Website)
Start: July 3, 2014; Thursdays, 11:59 p.m.
Cast: Jinnai Takanori, Yoshimoto Miyu, Nogiwa Yoko, Shaku Yumiko (guest star), Honda Miu (guest star)
Wanna try
Why I wanna watch this:
Because I hope to get to see a lot of cute little kittens! ♥ Yes, no joking, that's my reason.


Kazokugari
Kazokugari

Summary: Hisaki Yuko (Matsuyuki Yasuko) works as a child psychology officer for a counseling centre for children. While she worries about abused children on a daily basis, she also has to take care of her sick father and her pachinko-addicted mother in private life. High school teacher Sudo Shunsuke (Ito Atsushi) somehow doesn't want to start a family with his girlfriend while one of his former students (Kitayama Hiromitsu) already turned into a father recently. One of Shusuke's female students from art class seems to have deep problems regarding her family. Assistant Inspector Mamihara Koki (Endo Kenichi) becomes the inspector in charge of a series of murders with slaughtered families followed by suicides of the murderer. Now, those people cross their ways... (Script by Oishi Shizuka, Izumisawa Yoko; original work by Tendo Arata)

Station: TBS (Website)
Start: July 4, 2014; Fridays, 10:00 p.m.
Cast: Matsuyuki Yasuko, Ito Atsushi, Kitayama Hiromitsu, Mizuno Miki, Shinoda Mariko, Hiraoka Yuta, Yamaguchi Sayaka, Inoue Makio, Akiyama Natsuko, Asada Miyoko, Zaizen Naomi (guest star), Endo Kenichi
Must watch
Why I wanna watch this:
Tbh, the first dorama synopsis of this sounded pretty strange and confusing (I tried to provide a less confusing summary up there, hope it worked), the same applied for the first trailers that I watched. But exactly that and the dealing with family problems made me interested in this dorama (OK and the appearance of Kitayama Hiromitsu as part of the cast, I admit) and since I already watched the first episode, I can say, this dorama has the potential to get really really interesting! It seems to be pretty dark and deals with really serious topics, so watch out if you're too weak to stuff like that. Anyways, I myself got hooked up and I can't wait for the next episodes!


Keishichou Sousa Ikka 9-Gakkari Season 9
Keishichou Sousa Ikka 9-Gakkari Season 9 

Summary: The team of the First Investigative Divisio's Ninth Section might disagree sometimes and be full of various personalities, but when it comes to difficult cases, all of them share their strong sense of justice and work together. (Script by Fukasawa Masaki, Manabe Chiaki, Takigawa Akiyo, Tokunaga Tomihiko)

Station: TV Asahi (Website)
Start: July 9, 2014; Wednesdays, 9:00 p.m.
Cast: Watase Tsunehiko, Inohara Yoshihiko, Hada Michiko, Tsuda Kanji, Fukikoshi Mitsuru, Taguchi Hiromasa, Hara Sachie, Nakagoshi Noriko
Not interested
Why I don't wanna watch this:
I'm not interested in this series because it would mean that I would have to catch up with 8 former seasons? XD I definitely don't have time for this, really! Besides that I think it's nice for fans of the series that there is another sequel, right?


Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo N (neo)
Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo N (neo) 

Summary: Kindaichi Hajime (Yamada Ryosuke) is a high school student that already solves difficult cases and inherited deductive powers from his grandfather, the famous detective Kindaichi Kosuke. (Script by Takahashi Yuya; original work by Amagi Seimaru)

Station: NTV (Website)
Start: July 19, 2014; Saturdays, 9:00 p.m.
Cast: Yamada Ryosuke (Hey! Say! JUMP), Kawaguchi Haruna, Arioka Daiki (Hey! Say! JUMP), Asari Yosuke, Okamoto Azusa, Hagiwara Riku, Kojima Ayame, Yamaguchi Tomomitsu
Wanna try
Why I wanna watch this:
Detective dorama, cast sounds nice, so why not? I didn't watch the specials or whatever was before this dorama but it seems like I can jump in to start with this series, since it's entitled as „neo“ (and if not, I'll catch up with the specials XD). 


Kinkyori Renai Season Zero
Kinkyori Renai Season Zero 

Summary: The story deals with three highschool friends (Sakurai Haruka (Abe Aran), Mirei (Ishibashi Anna) and Kanata (Kishi Yuta) who think that they could be best friends forever. However, when Haruka's stepsister Ririko (Adachi Rika) shows up and Haruka develops an interest in her while Mirei secretly is in love with Haruka and Kanata starts liking Mirei more than a friend, things start to change. (Script by Matsuda Yuko; original work by Mikimoto Rin)

Station: NTV (Website)
Start: July 20, 2014; Sundays, 12:50 a.m.
Cast: Abe Aran, Ishibashi Anna, Kishi Yuta, Adachi Rika
Maybe
Why I wanna watch this:
Abe Aran is a Johnny's Junior, right? The name sounds familiar... I like Ishibashi Anna... but nevertheless, this dorama so far isn't more than a „maybe“ for me since it sounds like a pretty typical high school romance. Well, if it's well done it can be good, so if I hear positive feedback, maybe I'll take a look at it, especially since this is called Season Zero (which implies that there will be more?).


Kodoku no Gurume Season 4
Kodoku no Gurume Season 4 

Summary: 4th season dealing about Inokashira Goro, an imported goods dealer who visits various towns because of his job and after business meetings likes to try out meals at shops that got his interest. In this season he will visit Hakone in the Kanagawa Prefecture. (Script by Taguchi Yoshihiro; original work by Kusumi Masayuki)

Station: TV Tokyo (Website)
Start: July 9, 2014; Wednesdays, 11:58 p.m.
Cast: Matsushige Yutaka
Not interested
Why I don't wanna watch this:
I didn't watch the former three seasons so I will skip this one as well. Nevertheless, I guess for food junkies this dorama will be interesting since Japan never fails to present food in an appetizing way! =)


Last Doctor
Last Doctor ~ Kansatsui Akita no Kenshi Houkoku 

Summary: To get experience, clinician Yoshizaki Kaoruko (Aibu Saki) takes up a post at a medical examiner's office. She meets a lot of different characters, supervising doctor Akita Shinya (Terawaki Yasufumi), director Yanagida Shuhei (Ito Shiro) and assistant Yamashita Mieko (Toda Keiko). When Kaoruko and Akita get assigned to deal with the dead body of a popular model which the police considers to have committed suicide, Akita finds something strange about the incident... (Script by Ozaki Masaya, Takeda Yuki)

Station: TV Tokyo (Website)
Start: July 11, 2014; Fridays, 7:58 p.m.
Cast: Terawaki Yasufumi, Aibu Saki, YOU, Makita Sports, Watanabe Shu, Watanabe Ikkei, Toda Keiko, Ito Shiro
Wanna try
Why I wanna watch this:
This dorama doesn't sound too promising yet but the cast could be interesting (I like Aibu Saki a lot ^^) so I want to give it a try to check if the story can get me interested.


Mozu Season 2
Mozu Season 2 ~ Maboroshi no Tsubasa 

Summary: Second season of Spring dorama „Mozu“ about the Public Security Division's ace Kuraki Naotake (Nishijima Hidetoshi) who lost his wife Chihiro (Ishida Yuriko) in a bombing incident, detective Osugi Ryota (Kagawa Teruyuki) and Public Security officer Akeboshi Miki (Maki Yoko) and their fight against an international terrorist organisation. (Script by Nishi Kosuke; original work by Osaka Go)

Station: (Website)
Start: June 22, 2014; Sundays, 10:00 p.m.
Cast:Nishijima Hidetoshi, Maki Yoko, Kagawa Teruyuki, Ito Atsushi, Ikematsu Sosuke, Hasegawa Hiroki, Ishida Yuriko, Kohinata Fumiyo, Aoi Yu, Sano Shiro
Not interested
Why I don't wanna watch this:
I didn't watch season one since reactions weren't as positive as I expected them to be and so I lost interest in Mozu. Unless I hear really positive feedback about the second season, I guess I won't catch up with this dorama for the time being and skip it for now.


Nobunaga no Chef 2
Nobunaga no Chef Season 2 

Summary: When French chef Ken (Tamamori Yuta) went back in time to the Sengoku perio, he lost his memory and became the personal chef of Oda Nobunaga (Oikawa Mitsuhiro). He regained parts of his lost memory and learnt how to go back to the present, nevertheless he stood in the Sengoku period. Now, warlord Takeda Shingen (Takashima Masanobu), Nobunaga's biggest enemy shows up and challenges the relationship of trust between Oda Nobunaga and Ken. (Script by Fukusawa Masaki)

Station: TV Asahi (Website)
Start: July 10, 2014; Thursdays 7:58 p.m.
Cast: Tamamori Yuta, Oikawa Mitsuhiro, Shida Mirai, Gori, Ashina Sei, Ichikawa Sarunosuke, Cunning Takeyama, Kitaro, Masana Bokuzo, Inagaki Goro (guest star), Sasaki Nozomi, Takashima Masanobu, Saito Yuki, Sasano Takashi, David Ito
Not interested
Why I don't wanna watch this:
I can imagine, that fans of the series and/or especially Tamamori Yuta are looking forward to this series. I personally wasn't really convinced by season one back then and dropped the series after two episodes so I'll skip the sequel as well and concentrate on other stuff, even if I like Tamamori Yuta as an actor. Looking forward to his next work.


OwakonTV
Owakon TV

Summary: This dorama deals with a small company called Chocolate TV which is a medium subcontractor production company to support the TV industry. The company is in charge of the production of varieties, documentaries and doramas but since the height of glory of the TV industry is already past, the company has to struggle. (Script by Shimoyama Kento; original work by Mizuno Munenori)

Station: NHK BS Premium (Website)
Start: July 1, 2014; Sundays, 11:15 p.m.
Cast: Chiba Shinichi (Sonny), Koizumi Kotaro, Katase Nana, Ichikawa Yui, Fukuda Saki, Totsugi Shigeyuki, Tomiura Satoshi, Endo Yuya, Anan Kenji (guest star), Jinbo Satoshi (guest star), Ueshima Ryuhei (guest star), Ishida Ayumi (guest star), Motomiya Yasukaze (guest star), Kongouchi Takeshi (guest star)
Must watch
Why I wanna watch this:
This dorama might show us quite a bit from behind the scenes of TV productions and since I'm really interested in the topic, this is a „must watch“ for me. I already took a glimpse at the first episode and even if it might not have had the impact on me that I hoped for, I still think that it's interesting and will follow it, also because I want to get to know the characters better which seem to be quite nice.


Oyaji no Senaka
Oyaji no Senaka

Summary: „Omnibus“-dorama in 10 parts by different screenwriters for each episodes which deal this fathers and their relationships to their children. (Script by Ikehata Shunsaku, Inoue Yumika, Okada Yoshikazu, Kamata Toshio, Kizara Izumi, Kuramoto Sou, Sakamoto Yuji, Hashibe Atsuko, Yamada Taiichi, omg, so many, really... >.> Sounds like this will be really patchwork-liked...)

Station: TBS (Website)
Start: July 13, 2014; Sundays, 9:00 p.m.
Cast: Tamura Masakazu, Matsu Takako, Kadono Takuzo, Watanabe Dai; Yakusho Koji, Mitsushima Hikari, Yamamoto Mizuki, Asada Miyoko; Nishida Toshiyuki, Kimura Tae, Mitsuishi Ken, Ichikawa Mikako, Hirose Suzu, Osugi Ren, Tayama Ryosei, Kobayashi Nenji; Oizumi Yo; Watase Tsunehiko, Nakamura Kankuro, Tomosaka Rie, Kanno Misuzu; Horikita Maki, Endo Kenichi, Tanimura Mitsuki, Mizobata Junpei; Ichimura Masachika; Watanabe Ken, Higashide Masahiro, Yo Kimiko, Sasano Takashi
Maybe
Why I wanna watch this:
I can't imagine much from that synopsis so I list it as a „maybe“ in case I hear something positive about it. The cast seems nice and has a lot of familiar names listed and if each episode can stand on its own, it might be a nice dorama for in between if you like the family topic (which I do XD).


Petero no Souretsu
Petero no Souretsu

Summary: Sugimura Saburo (Koizumi Kotaro), an ordinary salaryman, gets involved in a bus hijack on his way back home from a business trip. The motive of the older man who threatens the passengers of the bus is yet unknown... (Script by Kamiyama Yumiko)

Station: TBS (Website)
Start: July 7, 2014; Mondays 8.00 p.m.
Cast: Koizumi Kotaro, Hasegawa Kyoko, Kuninaka Ryoko, Muro Tsuyoshi, Takahashi Issei, Aoyama Noriko, Hosoda Yoshihiko, Okamoto Rei, Emi Kurara, Shimizu Fumika, Fuji Manami, Shima Kaori, Shiba Toshio, Honda Hirotaro, Mine Ryuta, Muroi Shigeru, Nagatsuka Kyoko, Hira Mikijiro
Maybe
Why I wanna watch this:
Sounds not thaaat interesting but the trailer was not bad and the cast sounds nice. So if I come across it at my usual sources, I might take a look to check.


Sailor Fuku to Uchuujin ~ Chikyuu ni Nokotta Saigo no 11-nin
Sailor Fuku to Uchuujin ~ Chikyuu ni Nokotta Saigo no 11-nin 

Summary: High school Minase Kibou (Kadowaki Mugi) who greu up in great comfort, suddenly gets mixed up in a crisis of survival for Planet Earth and one day finds herself waking up wearing a sailor suit and lying in a room that looks like she landed in a spaceship. It turns out that Earth got hit by a meteroite and only 11 people including her were saved by an alien. Other survivers a a member of the Earch Defence Guard (Kiriyama Ren), a pilot, a pregnant woman and an elementary school kid. Will they stay with the alien or try to escape? (Script by Kokami Shoji)

Station: NTV (Website)
Start: June 27, 2014; Fridays, 12:59 a.m.
Cast: Kadowaki Mugi, Kiriyama Ren, Sudo Risa, Sasai Eisuke, Ikeda Tetsuhiro, Nishio Mari, Nagaoka Takuya, Oshima Yoko
Maybe
Why I wanna watch this:
This one definitely sounds too trashy for my taste (and I'm not that fond of outerspace-SF in general) BUT it has Kiriyama Ren in it so maaaybe I'll take a look at it. ^^


Seijo
Seijo

Summary: When the male main character of this story (Nagayama Kento) was 17, university student Ozawa Maria (Hirosue Ryoko) was his private tutor. When she suddenly disappeared, she left a message that promised that she would be his girlfriend once he advanced to university and became and adult. 10 years later, he as a lawyer faces that woman again as the suspect in a serial murder case. What happened and is Maria really a murderer? (Script by Omori Mika)

Station: NHK (Website not available yet)
Start: August 26, 2014; Tuesdays, 10:00 p.m.
Cast: Hirosue Ryoko, Nagayama Kento, Renbutsu Misako, Aoyagi Sho, Tsutsui Mariko, Tabata Tomoko, Tanaka Yoji, Nakada Yoshiko, Kishibe Ittoku
Must watch
Why I wanna watch this:
I'm a fan of Hirosue Ryoko since Wasabi which is still one of my most favorite movies. I'm always happy to see her acting, so I'm really looking forward to this. The story sounds promising and so I think it could be thrilling (with a hint of romance maybe?), so why not? Although, the start of the dorama seems to imply that this series will be pretty short, I guess not longer than 6 episodes or something?


Soko o Nantoka Season 2
Soko o Nantoka Season 2 

Summary: Hopeless rookie lawyer Kaise Rakuko (Motokariya Yuika) has reached her third year as a lawyer. When Sugawara Kotaro Law Firm is in a crisis of survival, newbie Shishibeppu (Inoue Yoshio) joins the firm but brings bad rumours with him. Why did he join the office? And what will happen to Sugawa Kotaro Law Firm? (Script by Imai Masato, Yokota Rie; original work by Aso Mikoto)

Station: NHK BS Premium (Website)
Start: August 3, 2014; Sundays, 10:00 p.m.
Cast: Motokariya Yuika, Ichikawa Ennosuke, Megumi, Inoue Yoshio, Watabe Gota, Inoue Waka, Otomo Kohei
Not interested
Why I don't wanna watch this:
I didn't watch season one and the cast doesn't show anyone that I want to see no matter what, so I guess, I'll skip this one.


ST ~ Aka to Shiro no Sousa File
ST ~ Aka to Shiro no Sousa File 

Summary: Dorama about two members of the scientific Task Force (short ST), who solve crimes together, starring Fujiwara Tatsuya as Akagi Samon and Okada Masaki as Yurine Tomohisa. (Script by Watanabe Yusuke)

Station: NTV (Website)
Start: July 16, 2014; Wednesdays, 10:00 p.m.
Cast: Fujiwara Tatsuya, Okada Masaki, Shida Mirai, Ashina Sei, Kubota Masataka, Hayashi Kento, Tanaka Tetsushi, Seto Asaka, Watabe Atsuro
Wanna try
Why I wanna watch this:
The summary doesn't say much about the story and its quality yet so I guess this is a dorama were you have to check first before decide if you want to give it a chance or not. At least the cast doesn't sound bad (I'm happy to see Watabe Atsuro again this season and hope his role isn't too minor) so I have some hopes that this could be nice.


Suikyuu Yankees
Suikyuu Yankees

Summary: Inaba Naoya (Nakajima Yuto) returns to Japan after living oversees and enters Kasumino Technical High School, a school which gets attendet by some quite strange people and seems on the verge of getting closed. Since Naoya was some kind of delinquent overseas and has some kind of a romantiscised idea about delinquents, he gets hooked by the delinquents at this school and joins with great fightig spirit. Anyways, the delinquents don't seem to be what he expected and so he turns to join the water polo team of the district. There he learns that water polo is an aquatic martial sports and meets Kitajima Torao (Takagi Yuya) from the rivalizing Suiran High School... (Script by Tokunaga Yuichi, Asakura Keiji)

Station: Fuji TV (Website)
Start: July 12, 2014; Saturdays, 11:00 p.m.
Cast: Nakajima Yuto (Hey! Say! JUMP), Yamazaki Kento, Takagi Yuya (Hey! Say! JUMP), Ohara Sakurako, Chiba Yudai, Mamiya Shotaro, Nakagawa Taishi, Yoshizawa Ryo, Yamoto Yuma, Shinkawa Yua, Kakei Miwako, Suzuki Nobuyuki, Omasa Aya, Sano Hinako, Ikezu Shoko, Minagawa Sarutoki, Kurashina Kana (guest star), Kitamura Yukiya, Morimoto Leo
Must watch
Why I wanna watch this:
Ok, this is somewhere in between „must watch“ and „wanna try“ XD I'm not sure yet. The first previews more or less triggered a „WTF is this supposed to be o_O“ reaction with me but after reading the summary, I think this could become really funny! And of course there is a reeeally nice male cast listed (Nakajima Yuto, Yamazaki Kento, Yoshizawa Ryo, uhm, yes please? XD) so I have to admit this alone is a reason to take a glimpse at this! Nevertheless, I guess it's better if I don't put too high hopes into the story of this dorama lol. But maybe I'll get surprised.


Tokumei Tantei Season 2
Tokumei Tantei Season 2 

Summary: This dorama seems to be about an unnamed detectiive (Takahashi Katsunori) with a more or less eccentric personality (works alone, does not use mobile phones, internet, is unsentimental, loves bourbon and jazz) who receives his jobs through the beautiful lawyer Saejima Kyoko (Katase Nana). His weak point are women and most of his female clients don't pay... (Script by Takayama Naoya, Kamo Yoshinobu)

Station: TV Asahi (Website)
Start: July 4, 2014; Fridays, 11:15 p.m.
Cast: Takahashi Katsunori, Katase Nana, Moritsugu Koji, Yamaguchi Daiichi, Hara Mikie, Tayama Ryosei, Shiba Toshio
Not interested
Why I don't wanna watch this:
Hm... I would list it as a maybe if it wasn't listed as a second season of a dorama that I didn't watch. If someone can tell me more about it once it airs (or about season one), maybe I'll take a look but for now, I think I'll skip it.


Tokyo Scarlet
Tokyo Scarlet ~ Keishichou NS Kakari 

Summary: When the governor of Tokyo reads an English article about the lack of female top female officials in the Tokyo Metropolitan Police, he takes countermeassures against this negative image and appoints veteran female detective Demachi Izumi (Kimura Midoriko) as the head of the First Investigation Division of a new section. (Script by Iwashita Yuko, Sakurai Takeharu, Irie Shingo)

Station: (Website)
Start: July 15, 2014; Tuesdays, 10:00 p.m.
Cast: Mizukawa Asami, Namase Katsuhisa, Sugawara Daikichi, Kimura Midoriko, Nakamura Masatoshi
Wanna try
Why I wanna watch this:
Hm... I have to be honest. As a woman myself, more than in the plot itself I'm interested in what the creators of the dorama will show us with this „females for the lead“ story and how women will be portrayed in this dorama. I also like Mizukawa Asami. Let's see...


Tsui no Sumika
Tsui no Sumika

Summary: After obtaining her MBA at an American university, Asakura Tomoko (Kiritai Mirei) becomes a rookie reporter for a Tokyo ewspaper's local news desk. Umerical expressions are her strong point but she has no interest in the feeligs of the people she interviews. She's a very proud character, which makes her look unqualified as a reporter in her superiors eyes. Tomoko decides to write a story about home nursing care to go against those negative opinions about her but will she be able to deal with this topic? (Script by ?, original work by Senkawa Tamaki)

Station: NHK BS Premium (Website not available yet)
Start: July 20, 2014; Sundays, 10:00 p.m.
Cast: Kiritani Mirei, Okada Yoshinori, Kato Toranosuke, Hiraizumi Sei
Maybe
Why I wanna watch this:
In my opinion, the summary doesn't sound too promising yet but I will maybe take a look at it for Kiritani Mirei and to see how she can portray a character that is obviously up for a huge image change.


Wakamonotachi 2014
Wakamonotachi 2014

Summary: Since their parents died when the five siblings were still young, they survived together, even if smaller and bigger quarrels and different dreams and ideas are on their daily agenda. Those five siblings grow up together and experience different stations of life together, like marriage, love, employment and more. (Script by Muto Shogo; original work – Wakamonotachi 1966)

Station: Fuji TV (Website)
Start: July 9, 2014; Wednesdays, 10:00 p.m.
Cast: Tsumabuki Satoshi, Eita, Mitsushima Hikari, Emoto Tasuku, Nomura Shuhei, Aoi Yu, Hashimoto Ai, Yoshioka Hidetaka, Nagasawa Masami
Must watch
Why I wanna watch this:
Even if the series is a remake of an old dorama from 1966 (which I of course didn't watch), I think this could become a really good one! The trailer I watched looked really nice, I like doramas which deal with families and the cast sounds great (Eita~, Hashimoto Ai, Aoi Yu)! More than that, the screenwriter was in charge of for example Kazoku Game and Joker (both listed on my favorite doramas list), which makes my expectations rise quite high to be honest. This is one of those doramas I'm looking forward to the most this season. I hope it will be good!


Yoshiwara Uradoshin
Yoshiwara Uradoshin

Summary: When Kamimori Mikijiro (Koide Keisuke), low-ranking samurai of the Bungo Oka domain finds out about the cruel treatment of his childhood friend Teijo (Kanjiya Shihori), the two of them flee and after three years of wandering, they settle down at the Yoshiwara red light district in Edo. While Mikijiro is hire as bodyguard, Teijo teaches writing and reading to the prostitures. (Script by Ozaki Masaya; original work by Saeki Yasuhide)

Station: NHK (Website)
Start: June 26, 2014; Thursdays, 8:00 p.m.
Cast: Koide Keisuke, Kanjiya Shihori, Kondo Masaomi, Nono Sumika, Yamauchi Takaya, Minagawa Sarutoki, Kyono Kotomi, Hayashi Ryuzo, Hirata Kaoru, Okina Megumi (guest star), Tomita Yasuko (guest star), Takahashi Yumiko (guest star), Yanagisawa Shingo (guest star), Kurotani Tomoka (guest star)
Maybe
Why I wanna watch this:
Usually I say that I don't follow doramas with historical setting – not because I don't like them, but because I don't have the time to follow every genre and since I'm already interested in a looot of genres, I have to sort out at least a little bit. Nevertheless, this could be interesting... so maybe one day...


Zainin no Uso
Zainin no Uso

Summary: Lawyer Kasahara Takuya (Ito Hideaki) manages to win a triel for Arimura Hirohito (Emoto Tokio) who was supposed to receive death penalty for serial rape and murder. Of course, the families of the civtims and the media is in an uproar and doesn't believe in Arimura's innocence which which Kasahara has argued. Kasahara tells them to blame the law and not him for the outcome, he just followed the rules. Then, Kasahara gets ivolved in a case dealing with a fatal allergic accident and takes over to defend the accused company. (Script by Kaneko Arisa)

Station: (Website)
Start: August 31, 2014; Sundays, 10:00 p.m.
Cast: Ito Hideaki, Takito Kenichi, Kimura Yoshino, Nakamura Aoi, Komoto Masahiro, Kataoka Reiko, Mashima Hidekazu, Emoto Tokio, Shibukawa Kiyohiko, Okunuki Kaoru, Takenaka Naoto, Yajima Kenichi, Tsuda Kanji, Kitami Toshiyuki, Matsushige Yutaka, Tsutsui Michitaka, Nakadai Tatsuya
Maybe
Why I wanna watch this:
Doramas dealing with lawyers can be interestinig. Maybe this one could be one of those. I'll keep an eye on it and onto first reactions to check if it might be something that fits my taste. Seems to become a short dorama as well, regarding the late start, right?


Zero no Shinjitsu ~ Kansatsui Matsumoto Mao
Zero no Shinjitsu ~ Kansatsui Matsumoto Mao 

Summary: Matsumoto Mao (Takei Emi) joins the Chuo Medical Examiner's Office as a new medical examiner. She's young, beautiful, talented and has an IQ over 150. She went to America when she was 10, skipped 3 grades at school and studied forensic medicine. Despite being such a genius, her social competence seems lacking. During her work, she also tries to find out the cause of the death of her mother who has abandoned her. (Script by Oishi Shizuka)

Station: TV Asahi (Website)
Start: July 17, 2014 (Oooh my birthday! XD), Thursdays, 9:00 p.m.
Cast: Takei Emi, Sasaki Kuranosuke, Wada Masato, Denden, Rokkaku Seiji, Omi Toshinori, Aoyagi Sho, Mizusawa Erena, Miyazaki Karen, Hashizume Isao, Maya Miki
Must watch
Why I wanna watch this:
Ah yeah, Takei Emi, Sasaki Kuranosuke, a dorama with an intelligent beauty that has trouble to find friends, sounds odd and that's why it got me curious. I'm not sure if this is supposed to become funny or serious but nevermind, I'll definitely take a look! The scriptwriter was also in charge of Otenki Oneesan and Cleopatra na Onnatachi which I both really enjoyed back then. My hopes are (hopefully not too) high! (Btw, Arashi-fans, what do you say about the main character's name? XD loool)


To summarize:

Must watch:
Henshin
Kazokugari
Owakon TV
Seijo
Suikyuu Yankees
Wakamonotachi 2014
Zero no Shinjitsu ~ Kansatsui Matsumoto Mao

Wanna try:
Again!
Aoi Honoo
Dousousei ~ Hito wa, Sando, Koi o Suru
Hero 2014
Hirugao ~ Heijitsu Gogo 3-ji no Koibitotachi
Juui-san, Jiken desuyo
Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo N (neo)
Last Doctor ~ Kansatsui Akita no Kenshi Houkoku
ST ~ Aka to Shiro no Sousa File
Tokyo Scarlet ~ Keishichou NS Kakari

Maybe:
GTO Season 2
Kinkyori Renai Season Zero
Oyaji no Senaka
Petero no Souretsu
Sailor Fuku to Uchuujin ~ Chikyuu ni Nokotta Saigo no 11-nin
Tsui no Sumika
Yoshiwara Uradoshin
Zainin no Uso

Not interested:
Asunaro San San Nana Byoushi
Keishichou Sousa Ikka 9-Gakkari Season 9
Kodoku no Gurume Season 4
Mozu Season 2
Nobunaga no Chef Season 2
Soko o Nantoka Season 2
Tokumei Tantei Season 2

No comments: